Nikon D90 or Canon XSi

Printable View

• 10-24-2008, 07:51 AM
    OzarkTurtle
    Nikon D90 or Canon XSi
    I am the owner/operator of a parasail business. I offer digital photo packages to my customers of their parasail experience, Im looking to upgrade my camera and Ive been looking at these 2 cameras. I was wondering if the Nikon is worth the extra money or will the Canon be ok. Thanks for any thoughts or opinions.
  • 10-24-2008, 12:35 PM
    photophorous
    Re: Nikon D90 or Canon XSi
    Do you shoot a lot in low light? Are you rough with the camera? Do you already have any Nikon or Canon accessories or lenses that you could use with either of these cameras? If the answer is no to all of these, then save some money and get the XSi.

Paul
  • 10-24-2008, 02:25 PM
    byjamesderuvoDHQ
    Re: Nikon D90 or Canon XSi
    I think you'll be happy with either, quite frankly. But Photo has an interesting point about whether you are rough on yoru camera. If you are, then the D90 may be more robust in it's construction and handle the abuse better than the XSi. You'll also have the added benefit of the legacy of nearly 50 years of Nikkor lenses that still work for you (in manual, mostly). So, if you find a gem on craigslist or ebay, you can seize the day and get it.

Otherwise, I can tell you that I own the XSi and it just rocks. Both enjoy being the two best camera lines on the market right now. So as I said, I think you'll be happy eithe rway.