• 01-06-2010, 07:53 AM
    idle0095
    Nikon D90 Or Canon - EOS 15.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera??
    I have a Canon - EOS Digital Rebel XS DSLR. Im returning it and upgrading to either a,
    Canon - EOS 15.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera
    OR
    Nikon D90

Can anyone tell me whats the best one to get?
  • 01-06-2010, 08:12 AM
    Photo-John
    Re: Nikon D90 Or Canon - EOS 15.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera??
    First, why don't you tell us why the Canon XS isn't working for you. More resolution isn't really going to help you and the XS is a fine camera, even if it is an entry-level digital SLR. Unless there's something about the camera that's getting in the way of your photography, you should probably keep the XS and learn to use it better. Also, better lenses are usually a better investment than a better camera.
  • 01-06-2010, 08:33 AM
    idle0095
    i just want to have a nice camera. im kind of spolied and i dont want to be seen with a entry level camera. the nikon d90 seems like a great camera and has a good lense with it. I just want the good of best.
  • 01-06-2010, 09:43 AM
    Frog
    How many Canoin lenses do you have?
    If you have a few good lenses then stay with Canon.
    Or you could get a big L lens and no one will notice its on an entry leverl camera.
  • 01-06-2010, 02:22 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by idle0095
    i just want to have a nice camera. im kind of spolied and i dont want to be seen with a entry level camera. the nikon d90 seems like a great camera and has a good lense with it. I just want the good of best.

Don't let your ego guide you. I love taking photos with lesser cameras. One of my favorite things is to get photos from point-and-shoots published in magazines :D

Really, invest in lenses, not cameras. If you really do want to buy something else, the D90 is a great camera. But you'd be better off spending your money on a better lens for the Canon you already have.
  • 01-06-2010, 05:00 PM
    Anbesol
    I'll depart a bit from Johns take on this and say - if you have the intention of using the camera in a very full manual way, the D90/50D would be a better alternative to the XS. They have more on the fly switches, dual control dials, faster AF, etc all stuff that makes full manual modes (A/S/M) easier and more functional to use. However, if its dummy modes you plan on using anyway (auto+anything else), the added investment is pointless, even counterproductive. In which case, definitely get a 17-50 f/2.8 or something for your XS, instead of wasting money on a nicer camera out of vanity.
  • 02-11-2010, 10:42 PM
    guilou075
    D90 hands down, especially if you get the 18-200 VR lens so worth it and is a better lens compare the canon EF-S 18-200 (so disponting, no USM :mad2: ; no manual focus override without switching the switch to manual focus mode (unlike a USM lens)).
    so you want to invest in good lenses ... the 18-200 is a must!!!

also Nikon lenses have the same body mount that means you can use them on all their cameras....unlike canon