Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Question HELP! Nikon D70 and Medical Nikkor Lens

Hi all,
    Just purchased a Nikon D70. Our office has also inherited a Medical Nikkor 120mm lens that was used with a Nikon 35mm SLR.

I can’t get the medical lens to work with the D70 (the ring lamp won’t fire when the shutter release button is pressed). I can’t find a manual or any documentation for the medical lens, either here or on the Nikon website.

Can anyone tell me exactly what settings I need to have on the D70 to get this type of ring-flash medical lens to work?

I’m a relative novice as far as this digital SLR stuff goes, so the more simplified the explanation, the better!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tech.Support
    The Medical Nikkor 120mm f:4 IF lens canbe used with the D-70 but in complete manual mode.

To operate the internal flash in the medical lens, you have to use the 3-pin Syn Cord SC-22, Attach one end of it into the lens and then slip the other end into the camera's hot shoe until it stops, and tighten the attachment screw. Set the flash control in the D-70 to complete manual mode. Then it will work.

If any query ask me on this same Thread.

Thread Information