• 06-22-2005, 07:04 PM
    rucanunes
    1 Attachment(s)
    Nikon D70 NEF Picture - Please Help!!
    Is it normal to have such ammounts of noise when you shoot a picture like this one?
    This is a NEF (RAW( with 1/30s exposure). I'm affraid my D70 it's broken...
  • 06-23-2005, 07:50 AM
    tijean
    Re: Nikon D70 NEF Picture - Please Help!!
    What was the ISO and is in-camera noise reduction turned on or off? What metering mode and mode (auto, manual, aperture priority, ect.) did you use?
  • 06-23-2005, 03:32 PM
    DownByFive
    Looks like CCD overload or something...definitely not ISO noise...Have you tried to duplicate this?
  • 06-24-2005, 02:20 PM
    another view
    Something seriously wrong here, it's not just ISO noise. Looks like it needs a trip to Nikon service. Sorry! :(
  • 06-24-2005, 09:52 PM
    Franglais
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rucanunes
    Is it normal to have such ammounts of noise when you shoot a picture like this one?
    This is a NEF (RAW( with 1/30s exposure). I'm affraid my D70 it's broken...

I know how to produce this effect in a film scan. The negative would have one very dense spot - the light stand - and all the rest very pale with barely any detail. In the scan I would use the middle-point slider far to the left to make the pale detail much clearer. However as there's hardly anything in the pale detail it would look grainy with lots of imperfections like this.

Did the camera do this by itself or have you modified the RAW image with an editor?

Charles