nickon d5000

Printable View

• 02-24-2011, 10:26 PM
    lukesdogs
    nickon d5000
    i am on the verge of buying the nikon d5000 and this will be my 1st digital slr i am looking at buying the twin lense kit and would like to know will this be a good camera for sports photography as i will use it when my son plays footy and hockey and when my daughter plays netball. i had a fujifilm finepix s5700 that took ok pics befor the lense stoped working and i currently have a little point and shoot fujifilm wich cost $100 and dosent take very good pics at all thanks

sorry about spelling mistake in title
  • 02-25-2011, 01:30 AM
    Franglais
    Re: nickon d5000
    When doing sports photography you need 3 things:

- a telephoto zoom lens. You got this in the kit
    - good autofocus which can follow a moving subject. The D5000 has a very good autofocus unit used in professional models (D200). Your kit lens is not as fast to autofocus as a professional lens but it should be adequate
    - fast shutter speed to freeze action which means a camera that can go to high ISO without noise. Your D5000 can go all the way to 6400 ISO - more than enough for outdoors and maybe even enough for indoor sports (a pro model would be better)

I think your D5000 kit should be fine. Set it on sports mode to start with - it will do all the complex stuff like choosing continuous focussing and high shutter speed itself
  • 03-05-2011, 03:58 AM
    candy bersh
    Re: nickon d5000
    * New 2.7-in. 230k-dot Vari-angle monitor swings down approximately 90° and rotates 180°
    * Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor with 12.3 effective megapixels and Integrated Dust Reduction System
    * Specially designed EXPEED image processing system
    * One-touch access to Live View, which includes face priority AF and subject tracking
    * D-SLR movie function: D-Movie, selectable from 320 x 216 pixels, 640 x 424 pixels or 1,280 x 720 pixels in AVI format
    * 19 Scene Modes that automatically adjust exposure, image processing, Active D-Lighting and other settings for superior image quality
    * Scene Recognition System, utilizing 420-pixel RGB sensor, improves autofocus, auto exposure and auto white balance performance and is also integrated with the Face Detection System
    * Active D-Lighting for smooth tone reproduction in high-contrast environments
    * Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor module featuring 11 AF points provides fast and precise autofocus coverage across the frame
    * Picture Control System offers Portrait and Landscape options for more vibrant customized colors
    * Extensive palette of in-camera Retouch Menus including several new retouch options such as Soft Filter and Color Outline
    * Incredibly low-noise performance throughout a wide sensitivity range of ISO 200 to 3200; can be set to ISO 100 and ISO 6400 equivalents
    * Viewfinder with approx. 95% frame coverage and an easy-to-view 17.9 mm eyepoint (at -1.0 m-1)
    * Up to 4 fps continuous shooting
    * Built-in pop-up flash with Nikon's original i-TTL flash control
    * Highly efficient energy-saving design that allows approx. 510 images on a single charge of the Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL9a (CIPA standard, with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR and flash fired at full power once every other shot.)
    * Compatible with HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) output
    * Included Nikon ViewNX software makes browsing and organizing your images easy
    * Optional photo-editing software Capture NX 2 allows quick and easy photo editing
    * Lightweight compact body