New upgraded Rebel ??

Printable View

• 07-21-2004, 07:17 PM
    RubberDucky
    New upgraded Rebel ??
    My friend was at at store and they told him they are not stocking any more Rebels till the new version arrives. I heard this also from someone else that there was an upgraded model coming out. Has anyone heard of this and know what changes they have made?
  • 07-21-2004, 08:18 PM
    Michael Fanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberDucky
    My friend was at at store and they told him they are not stocking any more Rebels till the new version arrives. I heard this also from someone else that there was an upgraded model coming out. Has anyone heard of this and know what changes they have made?

A new model may arrive but no one knows. Camera stores are notorious for covering up the fact that they can't/won't sell it. They say that something can't be stocked because it's discontinued. Thing is, brand new discontinued cameras are sold well after their death. Do these cameras just magically reappear for sale? By the way, the Rebel is widely available all over the place!

My guess, based on Canon's upgrade cycle up until now, is that the 10D is next in line for upgrading. Just a guess.
  • 08-18-2004, 08:07 PM
    mikishots
    What?
    Just because something isn't manufactured anymore doesn't mean you can't buy new ones. What does new mean? Not used, right? Most stores stock items.<p>If that's magic, I have some stuff to sell you. It's new.
  • 08-19-2004, 06:56 AM
    paulnj
    I will rephase Mike's VERY VALID point :)

EVENTHOUGH FORD stopped making the 2003 TAURUS you can still find one on a lot TODAY :)

Yes I seen an ad for a "NEW" with 124 miles (test drives and moving around the lot) 03 TAURUS last week!

SO , substitute a "out of production" camera and YOU HAVE WHAT HE WAS SAYING :)