• 02-17-2008, 02:51 PM
    contactsb
    New Prosumer Or Used Pro...Can't Decide
    I am finally upgrading my film camera (Rebel G) to a digital SLR. I own a Canon point-and-shoot, and I also own Tamron and Canon lenses for the SLR I currently own. My problem is this. I am currently looking to purchase either a new Canon Rebel XT (8MP) or a Used Canon 10D (6MP).

Usually, I would prefer to buy new and current equipment, but I am at a total loss on this even after reading reviews on dcresource.com and dpreview.com. Please send me any information and/or opinions you possibly can. I am looking to purchase this week.

Thanks.
  • 02-20-2008, 07:35 PM
    Photo-John
    Re: New Prosumer Or Used Pro...Can't Decide
    What kind of shooting do you plan to do? I replaced a 10D with an XTi and was very pleased at the upgrade. The 10D was fine in reasonable light and when focus was pretty straightforward. I loved it for the studio, portraits, and simple landscapes. But the XTi is a much, much better camera. I would recommend trying to find a used XTi over either the new XT or used 10D.
  • 02-20-2008, 08:37 PM
    mjs1973
    Re: New Prosumer Or Used Pro...Can't Decide
    I'm with PJ. Go with the XTi. The best bang for the buck in the Canon line up right now.