Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

A way to set aperture on reversed lenses 350D

Ive been lurking these forums for a while, seems like a good place to get alot of info, so as my first post, I'll submit some info I just found out...

Ok, this is for those of you who use their lenses reversed for those great macro shots with a standard lens.

1.) To adjust the aperture of the lens, first put the lens on the camera the normal way.
    2.) Set the aperature of your lens to what you want for the reversed lens shot.
    3.) Press the DOF Preview button, and hold it.
    4.) With the button pressed in, push the lens release button and turn the lens till it comes off.
    5.) The aperture should stay the way it was when you removed the lens, You should be able to look through the front of the glass and look directly at the aperture on most lenses.
    6.) Screw it onto your adapter and enjoy the increased depth of field at close ranges! you're probably going to want to get a macro flash for this, or devise some way of lighting your subject, because at such close areas, the light is very limited, and hard to shoot with, and closing the aperture doesnt help.

Have fun guys... Great forums...

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: A way to set aperture on reversed lenses 350D

Welcome to the forums. We're always glad to find new tips...Keep an eye out for a new forum of tips and I'll try to see if we can get this one move there...

On a personal note... de KC9EXE (formerly KC7AIS). I'm hoping I have your nick correct and you are a ham...hehe...I haven't really heard of any others on here...but then again, they may not hang on the same forums as I do...
    73's de Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thread Information