New Canon 5D Announced

Printable View

• 08-22-2005, 09:44 AM
    Michael Fanelli
    New Canon 5D Announced
    Canon has announced their new Canon 5D, full frame sensor, for $4000. I really believe FF sensors will continue to get cheaper and cheaper. Good thing I have no APS-only lenses!

Preview look and link to images on Canon Japan available at:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos5d/

(Sorry PJ!)
  • 08-22-2005, 10:47 AM
    Lionheart
    Re: New Canon 5D Announced
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    Good thing I have no APS-only lenses!

Thanks for the heads up :)
    I don't have any EF-S lenses either, but I feel bad for those that do and want to move up to the 5D when it finally makes it here to the US. Looks like suggested retail is $3300 according to Phil's preview article. That's halfway to a 1D-S Mk II. It'll be interesting to see side by side comparisons of images from those two cameras in the near future. I definitely will be looking at this camera-I could use a lighter camera now that I'm suffering from a compressed/slipped disc in my lower back (too many years rotating across my body reaching for instruments instead of asking my assistant for it, and too many years carrying 40+ lbs. of camera gear on my left side).
  • 08-22-2005, 05:02 PM
    Stephen Lutz
    Re: New Canon 5D Announced
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    Canon has announced their new Canon 5D, full frame sensor, for $4000. I really believe FF sensors will continue to get cheaper and cheaper. Good thing I have no APS-only lenses!

Preview look and link to images on Canon Japan available at:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos5d/

(Sorry PJ!)

Ah, we are moving closer to what I want in a digital camera: the same angle of view as my old EOS 3. Still a little too pricey, but it would go so well with the "2.8 Brotherhood" I have (16-35 2.8, 28-70 2.8 and 70-200 2.8) Maybe if I trade my 10D, RebelD and 300 f/4 IS (rarely used), I could pick one up for $1500 or so.... hmmmmmm