Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Renting a Back up DSLR

Does anyone know of a good place to rent a backup DSLR? Preferably Nikon d3000 since that is what I have and am framiliar with. Thanks

Re: Renting a Back up DSLR

I have rented lenses from LensRentals a few times and never had any problems. They do rent DSLR bodies but it doesn't look like they have the D3000. You might want to send them an email to see.

James

Re: Renting a Back up DSLR

You're not likely to find an entry-level body like the D3000 available for rent. But renting a backup body is a very good idea. It's also a good way to try out new gear - although that might spoil your D3000 for you

I wouldn't worry about familiarity. If you can rent a Nikon D90 I think you'll find the controls aren't too different from your D3000. It will have a few more options, a broader range of shutter speeds, wider ISO range, and the image quality will be better. In fact, I think your D3000 would become the backup if you rent a D90
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information