• 02-13-2004, 10:30 AM
    Photo-John
    Minolta Digital SLR Anouncement
    Yesterday, Konica Minolta formally announced their new digital SLR, the Maxxum 7 Digital. For photos of that camera and more, visit the PMA coverage discussion in the News and Rumours forum.
  • 02-13-2004, 01:49 PM
    JeffHall
    Wow, impressive. About time Minolta got their act together on the digital path. Anti-shake in the body...I look forward to see how well that works (and more applicable to me, how Canon responds!)
  • 02-14-2004, 09:51 AM
    Michael Fanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffHall
    Wow, impressive. About time Minolta got their act together on the digital path. Anti-shake in the body...I look forward to see how well that works (and more applicable to me, how Canon responds!)

Remember, this is a "development announcement" supported by a prototype (i.e., "mock-up") to look at. Much too vague to get excited by yet.
  • 02-14-2004, 07:20 PM
    Photo-John
    Right. I had a meeting with Konica Minolta today and they corrected me. They called it a "technology announcement". But it's still a big deal, and knowing how well they build cameras, I have a lot of faith that it ill be a good one. Incidentally, I played with the Konica Minolta A2 today and it's a really nice little camera. I'm skeptical about the 8 megapixel sensors, but the camera has no noticeable shutter lag, the AS (anti-shake) technology, and some of the other nice little tricks that Minolta has developed over the years.