• 03-12-2004, 02:17 PM
    mattac
    Lenses for Baby Pictures w/Rebel
    I recently purchased a Canon Digital Rebel.

My wife and I have our first baby coming any day now -- What lense(s) are recommending for photographing our new addition?

Any recomendations or suggestions are much appreciated.
  • 03-12-2004, 03:47 PM
    Peter_AUS
    Did you get a lens with the Canon Digital Rebel at all, or did you just buy the camera. If you want a non zoom lens, then a 50mm f/1.8 lens would be a good place to start.
  • 03-13-2004, 12:42 PM
    mattac
    I do have the f18-55/4.0-5.6 that can be purchased with the camera and is a good starter. I am seriously considering the 50/1.8 for the speed / ability to shoot in available light. Debating whether I need some sort of zoom to shoot from farther away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS
    Did you get a lens with the Canon Digital Rebel at all, or did you just buy the camera. If you want a non zoom lens, then a 50mm f/1.8 lens would be a good place to start.

• 03-13-2004, 04:27 PM
    Peter_AUS
    I like a lot of others have the 28-135 IS lens which is a very nice lens to use, it is worth considering that as maybe you first reasonably good lens. The other to consider as well is the 70-200 f/4 lens, that is another top lens that is well liked and it is a Canon "L" lens as well.