Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Greeting from noob on this forum

Hi All,

I just joined this site today and I think there are plenty of addicted people here.

I'm just starting digital photography not that long ago.
    It all started when I purchased a 4months old Nikon D70 w/ 18-70mm, 70-300mm, 1GB, Tripod, Camera bag, Dual Battery, SB-600, etc at $1000. (oh,, it came with 4 year Bestbuy warranty too.) I know it's a great price.

Well, after that I have upgraded firmware and I sold 2 lenses above.
    Now I'm just using a 50mm f/1.8 and I'm really happy with this lense.
    I'm also waiting for 18-200mm VR. I just couldn't wait to get this lense and shoot.

*Anyone waiting for 18-200mm VR as me?

Welcome!

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you. I see you're already helping out. Happy to see that

I'm a Canon user but I was excited about the 18-200mm VR lens. I do a lot of mountain bike shooting where I ride long distances with a camera. I go back and forth about the best gear to carry. It's always a compromise between size, weight, and flexibility. That 18-200mm VR lens looks like the ultimate ride lens. I'm hoping that it pushes Canon to cough up something similar. Please post a review for it once you get it. People will be anxious to hear about it. And post reviews for the gear you already have. We can never have too many reviews!

Thanks for registering. Hope you enjoy yourself and stick around
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information