• 07-08-2004, 06:16 PM
    FREELANCE2004
    i need a good printer,any suggestions?
    looking at canon I9900. and epson 2200.i know they are both good printers,but do they deliver saleable prints.please feel free to leave any suggestions and results you may have.
  • 07-09-2004, 07:14 PM
    Peter_AUS
    Look at the Epson RX800 as well, although only up to A4 it can do banners as well. I think there will be an Epson upgrade to the 2200/2100here in the not to distant future. As the RX800 is 8 cartridges, one to fill in the whites. It seems to be getting very good reviews from users.
  • 07-11-2004, 03:39 AM
    mikishots
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FREELANCE2004
    looking at canon I9900. and epson 2200.i know they are both good printers,but do they deliver saleable prints.please feel free to leave any suggestions and results you may have.

Both of these printers will deliver excellent results for exhibition or sale. The Epson has the advantage of size and improved archival qualities vs. the Canon - I use the Canon incidentally and I love it.
  • 07-11-2004, 10:19 AM
    FREELANCE2004
    this r800 peter told me about looks pretty nice alco,its supposed to be capable of printing with exceptional results,ha ill look and ask some more,i appreciate the comments
  • 07-11-2004, 05:23 PM
    Peter_AUS
    Contact Epson and ask them to send you some prints from the printers then look for yourself at the results. I got some for the new Picturemate Epson Printer and they look very good, although they were of a girl sitting on the grass, so lots of grass in it. Not really the picture I would have expected them to send, last one they sent me was of the Epson 2100/2200 and it was of a scene in Venice on the canal, lots of different tones in it and gave me a better example of the printers capabilities. Not that I bought the 2100, but might get something like it in the near future. The R800 looks like a very capable printer and for the money it is relatively well priced. Here I can get one for under $500Aus.
  • 07-11-2004, 08:08 PM
    jzee
    Depends on your needs
    The 2200 has some significant advantages over the Canon in its ability to print on a wider variety of media. But if you're not going to sell the prints or print larger than A4, then the Canon or the Epson 800 will serve you better, for less money. I've used them all and feel the Canon offers great value for the money, but left me feeling it wasn't up to snuff with it's lame printer driver interface and lack of paper and other media options.

The 2200 and the 800 offer archival capabilities also. Just FYI.
  • 07-22-2004, 05:51 PM
    KevinG
    Epson R300
    I would suggest you to use Epson R300 with some Bulk Ink system, like
    http://www.InkRepublic.com

Those are the best choices.

Just my suggestion.

Kevin