• 09-20-2009, 08:51 PM
    kayefish
    High Exposure Problem nikon d90
    My d90 takes pictures at high exposure without me doing anything. I compared the shots to a d80 with the same settings and the shots are more exposed which causes problems for me since the noise is increased.

Is it normal for a d90 to take highly exposed shots compared to the d80?
    if not what do I do about it? Is it a problem in the programming?

thanks
  • 09-21-2009, 09:44 AM
    Ray Dockrey
    Re: High Exposure Problem nikon d90
    Can you post some examples and the exif data so we can see we can see waht the issue is? It would help us out a lot.
  • 09-21-2009, 10:35 AM
    Frog
    Yes and what mode are you shooting in?
    Welcome to the forums...stick around and share your photos and knowledge.
    Heck even asking questions helps a lot of us because we never thought of them before.
  • 09-21-2009, 02:48 PM
    Grandpaw
    Are you saying that the pictures are over exposed or light and washed out or are you saying that the ISO is to high? If you could post some pictures as requested with the EXIF data we can see what you are talking about. I do find that a lot of the time I have to use a -3, -7 or -1.0 on the EV setting to get the exposure like I want it on my D90. I do own both the D*) and the D90 myself. We need more info so we can help you, Jeff
  • 09-28-2009, 06:16 AM
    Grandpaw
    Did you find the answer to your problem? If you did it would be nice to share what you found out so others may benefit from the answer. Or did you post a question for us to answer and just not come back to follow up on the problem, Jeff