Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Question Help Canon EOS 300D

hi i just bought Canon Digital SLR 300D, i just wana know how can i get a pic that not blurry the background, lets say i want to get a whole picture focused.. even the background

what should i use in this case...?? even when i used autofocus the lense still made the background blur...

Re: Help Canon EOS 300D

You need to set the aperture at a higher f/stop like f/11 - f/22, put it in aperture priority and that way you control the aperture with the wheel and the camera controls the shutter speed for you. Or try it in manual mode and set the settings yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by pido
    hi i just bought Canon Digital SLR 300D, i just wana know how can i get a pic that not blurry the background, lets say i want to get a whole picture focused.. even the background

what should i use in this case...?? even when i used autofocus the lense still made the background blur...
    Use a very wide angle lens (I assume you have just the 18-55 that came with the camera, use the 18 mm setting), put it on a tripod, set to f22 like Peter said, and look up the hyperfocal distance (focus setting for getting infinity juuuust in the depth of field) on a lens chart. That will get the most in focus...if you do not want to set the hyperfocal distance, set focus on your main subject in "the middle ground" and hope for the best.

An alternative is to use a P&S digital camera; due to their MUCH smaller sensors, they use even wider lenses but the field of view is similar to wide-to-telephoto 35 mm lenses, so they can get more in their depth of field at bigger aperatures, such as f8 (indeed this is the smallest most of them will stop down to due to diffraction effects.)

HBT

You might also want to try using the A-DEP mode, it should try to keep everything within the frame within focus...
    "And if these pictures have anything important to say to future generations, it's this: I was here. I existed. I was young, I was happy, and someone cared enough about me in this world to take my picture. "

Seriously - READ your manual !!!

You will have to understand some BASIC relationships between light/time/optics-

You are playing with a new level of camera now !!
    A couple of 20D's and some good glass
    My galleries www.pbase.com/jpferguson

Thread Information