Hate choices!!

Printable View

• 05-03-2008, 12:34 AM
    Nero45
    Hate choices!!
    Hey all Im new to the forums! I have been in the market for a DSLR. I went to my local shop and narrowed my choices down to the Nikon D80, Canon XTi (or XSi depending on money), and the Olympus E-510. They all feel really good in my hands minus the Canon ( i got somewhat big hands). My friend has been yelling at me saying not to get Olympus because they suck and have like no lenses. So I ended up here with this question. Which is best and which would you choose? I am a beginner and would be getting the kit version. Thanks :thumbsup:
  • 05-03-2008, 12:44 AM
    Nero45
    Re: Hate choices!!
    I also just got a good look at Nikon D60
  • 05-03-2008, 06:50 AM
    Frog
    If the xti doesn't feel good now, it never will so go with the Olympus or Nikon.
    I have a D80 and am quite pleased with it. It is true that Olympus does not have the lenses and other system items that Nikon/Canon have but people that have them, seem to love them.
    Read the reviews posted here...http://www.photographyreview.com/cat...0_3127crx.aspx
    I'm not an expert with Olympus but the praise I hear is price and sharp photos and the gripes I hear are lack of dynamic range, not enough lenses, and some don't like the 4/3 system.
    The D80 will probably cost more, but prices have come way down on them.
    Reviews for it are here... http://www.photographyreview.com/mfr...3_3127crx.aspx
  • 05-03-2008, 08:13 AM
    mwfanelli2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nero45
    Which is best and which would you choose? I am a beginner and would be getting the kit version. Thanks :thumbsup:

There is no best camera.

Obviously, the Canon did not feel right to you. I personally am not a fan of Olympus because of their narrow dynamic range and noise above 400 ISO.

I would also look at the offerings from Pentax (a great line) and Sony (the old Minolta). Don't limit yourself.
  • 05-03-2008, 10:11 AM
    Nero45
    Ok so the Olympus has noise with anything above 400ISO pretty much from what I have read. I have been looking at Sony and the A350 has caught my eye