Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Angry Poor CANON service & Faulty Barch

I recently, after much deliberation and research, bought the new Canon EOS 350D. I have however been unable to make use of it for the following reasons. When I tried to insert a Compact flash card, the camera returned an error. I thought that the CF card was faulty, so tried another one with the same result. Upon returning the camera to the retailer, and the retailer having the same result, a phone call was made to Canon South Africa. From Canon SA the reply was that there was a batch of 20 000 cameras that were faulty, in that they could not read any CF cards. I was assured by Canon that I would have a replacement camera with a week, (this was on Monday the 25th of July 2005). 2 weeks later and I still don't have a camera nor do I have any indication of when I might get my camera back.

Re: Poor CANON service & Faulty Barch

Call your retailer again, and ask them what happened. If you still get no good response, call Canon directly and explain them the situation, it may be your retailer who is doing something wrong.

Liz

Re: Poor CANON service & Faulty Barch

Canon Customer Service is usually pretty good. I would do as the other poster suggested, either call the retailer and have him call Canon - or call yourself. There may be a glitch that they can rectifiy immediately.

Liz

Thread Information