Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Question Which lens for Nikon D90?

Hi friends,
    I am planning to buy a dSLR - Nikon D90, but I am confused which nikkor lens I should go for:

1. DX 18-105 VR
    2. DX 18-200 VR

Please suggest which lens will be a better choice?
    Thank you.

Re: Which lens for Nikon D90?

Both are the same on the wide end but the 18-200 will give yo much more zoom. I have the Nikon 18-200 VR lens and think it is great! This lens does just about covers everything I want to take pictures of with one lens. I highly recommend it, Jeff :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jeff for the info!

What are the benefits of using a 2 lens combo (18-55 VR and 55-200 VR) and single lens (18-200 VR)?

Quote Originally Posted by finneyp
    Thanks Jeff for the info!

What are the benefits of using a 2 lens combo (18-55 VR and 55-200 VR) and single lens (18-200 VR)?
    The big advantage of the 18-200 vr is that you do not have to carry additional lenses around with you. By cutting down the times you change lenses you also cut down the chance of getting dust on the censor. I also like the idea of having one lens on my camera that will cover almost every situation that comes up. It is always handy to have the focal length lens needed for the shot on your camera when you need it and not have to change lenses or discover there isn't enough time to change or worst yet descover you didn't bring the lens you need. You may add additional lenses later as your interest in photography expands but this one will serve you well for a long time. I would like to add that I have printed very nice 20x30 prints and sold them using this lens, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you so much Jeff for that explaination!

I will go for the 18-200 VR :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by finneyp
    Thank you so much Jeff for that explaination!

I will go for the 18-200 VR :thumbsup:
    Be sure and check out our Cmera Dealer Feedback forum and the recommended sites and sites to avoid list., BEFORE YOU BUY, Jeff

Recommended sites and sites to avoid

Thread Information