Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

first digital slr - nikon d80 "salesman sample"

Hope its as good a deal as it sounds. I got the body, 18-55mm lens and 75-300 lens for $1029 from Cameta Camera on ebay (REAL impressed with the seller so far, btw). I also picked up the battery grip (I like shooting with AA's if I get caught in a pinch). Anyone else had any experiences with the salesman samples?

Check out our D300 Pro Review! deckcadet's Avatar

Re: first digital slr - nikon d80 "salesman sample"

Cameta are good people I have bought my 2nd D200 from them and what a deal it was.

A word of advice about the AA's- ONLY use rechargeables. regular AA's are too expensive and don't last long at all- they aren't well suited to shooting. NiMH AA's on the other hand can last for tons of shots, I get shots on par with the number I get with one or two EN-EL3Es on my D200. Just make sure you set the appropriate battery type in the menus.
    Harrison
    Nikon Forum / Digital SLR Forum Moderator | moderator bio
    Check out our new Nikon D300 Pro Review D3 review coming soon...
    Nikon Samurai #9 | NPS Member
    10 Lenses • 5 Bodies • 3 Macs • 1 Sore Back

thanks, I'll probably use the proprietary battery most of the time but just want the flexibility in case I get caught with a dead battery. I have a ton of rechargeable AA's though, so I can easily throw a few in my bag also.

I've been really blown away by Cameta's customer service so far. Amazingly fast and thorough response on all my questions.

A d200 is likely my next purchase and if this camera is half as nice as advertised I'll be getting it from them.

Usel

I got my kit from Cameta. Really good bunch of people. I live right in the town and they're even more helpful in person.

I bought a Nikon D2h from Cameta on EBay. It was advertised as a salesman sample also. When it arrived with all orginal packaging and accessories I could not tell it from a brand new off the shelve model.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I got it a couple of hours ago. Ditto on what old timer said. It looks brand new. If they hadn't told me that it wasn't I would never have known. Makes it one helluva bargain. Now to go play.

Thread Information