good camera bag for xti??

Printable View

• 02-29-2008, 12:28 PM
    swearhino
    good camera bag for xti??
    Hi all.. i am new here and am just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations on a bag or case for my canon digital rebel xti.. i have 3 lenses with it and need something that it will all fit in.. hopefully for a reasonable price.. anyone have any suggestions? this site has been sooooo helpful for giving advice on everything i have already purchased.. thanks
  • 02-29-2008, 09:54 PM
    greghalliday
    Re: good camera bag for xti??
    Take a long look at Lowepro's web site. They have pretty much any type of bag, backpack, sling bag etc... that you could ever need. They are quite reasonably priced and are very well designed and padded. The Stealth Reporter and Rezo lines are very nice and customizable. The Elite series are nice too, but I have found them to be a much better fit for medium format cameras. Any of their backpacks are nice, and the Orion AW a great bag for a smaller kit. I have used bags from Tamrac, Domke and f/64 and find that the Lowepro's are much better in design and camera protection.
  • 03-03-2008, 11:18 AM
    Photo-John
    I don't have a specific bag recommendation. Although I do like backpacks because they're more versatile and balance the weight when you carry your gear. Using a shoulder bag over a long period of time isn't good for your body.

I've used and owned both Tamrac and Lowepro cases. I think both companies make great stuff. For a fun alternative, take a look at Crumpler cases. I just got a small Crumpler shoulder bag to carry a DSLR and a couple of lenses at tradeshows.
  • 03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
    rylan
    i bought a bag for my rebel xt at walmart LOL it was 15$ and its huge a bunch of pockets and compartments. and a nice strap on it and a handle!

padded to so you could drop it and not wreck the weapon inside
  • 03-04-2008, 01:32 AM
    whoehei02
    I bought my Verge Medium Digital Camera Case for my Canon for $20, It is compact for a superzoom camera but provides padding for protection and a pocket organizer for memory cards and extra battery.
  • 03-04-2008, 09:18 AM
    deckcadet
    I've had a lot of bags of all shapes and sizes, and Lowepro is my favorite after 4 years of flip flopping between a few. They make every bag I use right now with the exception of one small pouch I carry around.
  • 03-07-2008, 06:54 PM
    JamesV
    Have you picked a bag yet? I purchased the Lowepro Vertex 300 AW Backpack and I am extremely happy with it. It is a BIG backpack but that can also be a good thing.

James
  • 03-11-2008, 12:31 PM
    Mr Yuck
    If you haven't picked yet, here is what I have....not bad for < $40

(looking on the amazon page...I see that it's available from Onecall for even less...and they are local to me...oh well...still worth what amazon charges)

Great price and it works great.
    I can fit 2 camera bodies with lenses attached, 3 extra lenses, 2 flashes, extra batteries and chargers, film, extra memory, remotes, business cards, flashlights, lens cleaning supplies, a mini tripod, and some extra tripod shoes in it.

I just wish it had a pouch for my laptop