Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: going on a trip

going on a trip

So i am going on a trip to Mexico and I dont want to bring my Dslr's that i use for work. right now I have a D1x and a D200. I have a tone of Ais pirmes that I going to bring (most likely I will leave my 17-35 28-70 and 70-200 vr at home) so that means I need a new camera so i am looking at the D80, D50, S2, d70, D100 or I could get the S3 or D2h and take my D1x (I have pages and pages of pros and cons and still no one camera stands out). I dont know if the S2 can meter Ais lens, but it does not mater too much. what I realy want is a digital FM but it does not look like that will come out in time. So after all that what do you think??? I do not care about iso I wont shot over 200.
    Lastly has anyone read anthing new about the D40 or what ever it will be called?

thanks for the help
    Chris

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Re: going on a trip

Where in Mexico?

Merida. going to see all of the Ruins.

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Sweet. That is awesome. You know, I'd probably go for the most inconspicuous camera possible. I've heard stories where people were either refused access or charged more money for access to such ruins and other sites because they were carrying a 'pro' camera.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaChris
    So i am going on a trip to Mexico and I dont want to bring my Dslr's that i use for work. right now I have a D1x and a D200. I have a tone of Ais pirmes that I going to bring (most likely I will leave my 17-35 28-70 and 70-200 vr at home) so that means I need a new camera so i am looking at the D80, D50, S2, d70, D100 or I could get the S3 or D2h and take my D1x (I have pages and pages of pros and cons and still no one camera stands out). I dont know if the S2 can meter Ais lens, but it does not mater too much. what I realy want is a digital FM but it does not look like that will come out in time. So after all that what do you think??? I do not care about iso I wont shot over 200.
    Lastly has anyone read anthing new about the D40 or what ever it will be called?

thanks for the help
    Chris
    I don't think that the D80, D50, S2, D70 or D100 or S3 will meter your Ais lenses. If you absolutely want to use them then best bet is to take the D200. If I were you I would just get the D80 and the 18-200 VR which is an amazing walk-around lens. It doesn't feel as nice as the FM + an old prime lens but it's much more practical.

Never heard of the D40. I imagine that Nikon will put the 10Mpix sensor in the D50 but I wouldn't expect that to happen for 12 months.

Charles

Thread Information