Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: Canon Rebel XT

Question Canon Rebel XT

Does anyone know if and/or how the new Rebel XT can be hooked directly to a laptop (via USB) to transfer photos realtime for reviewing on the screen?

I've seen the high end model Mark II do it using firewire. It was connected to a mac laptop and showed the pictures in the new Adobe Bridge Software.

I've seen the 20D hooked to a PC and directly send the photos using a USB.

I would love this feature so I can look at my pictures (self portraits) in detail without having to us the memory card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck from San Diego

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Canon Rebel XT

EOS capture ships in the box with the XT
    http://software.canon-europe.com/sof...671.asp?model=

There are other alternatives, if you want to pay more money:
    http://www.breezesys.com/DSLRRemotePro/index.htm
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: Canon Rebel XT

yeah you use the provided software in the box. When you plug the camera into the computer a thing will come up so you can transfer pictures that are already on the camera. On this at the top there is something where you can sync the camera with the computer just click on that. However, before you can do any of this you need to change something on the camera so it syncs with the computer. Not sure how to do that its somewhere in the menus. Look in your owners manual it should say somewhere.

edit. I just did it. you need to go to the last menu across in manual mode and change communications to pc connection. Then connect the camera to the computer. It will say some new hardware has been installed then it will ask you what you want to do. Choose the software that came with the camera in the list canon something or other and then click on remote shooting and there ya go
    Last edited by ontario_slacker; 04-11-2006 at 03:53 PM. Reason: add more info

Thread Information