• 01-31-2007, 03:22 PM
    ravenmore
    first digital slr - nikon d80 "salesman sample"
    Hope its as good a deal as it sounds. I got the body, 18-55mm lens and 75-300 lens for $1029 from Cameta Camera on ebay (REAL impressed with the seller so far, btw). I also picked up the battery grip (I like shooting with AA's if I get caught in a pinch). Anyone else had any experiences with the salesman samples?
  • 01-31-2007, 04:43 PM
    deckcadet
    Re: first digital slr - nikon d80 "salesman sample"
    Cameta are good people :) I have bought my 2nd D200 from them and what a deal it was.

A word of advice about the AA's- ONLY use rechargeables. regular AA's are too expensive and don't last long at all- they aren't well suited to shooting. NiMH AA's on the other hand can last for tons of shots, I get shots on par with the number I get with one or two EN-EL3Es on my D200. Just make sure you set the appropriate battery type in the menus.
  • 01-31-2007, 06:22 PM
    ravenmore
    thanks, I'll probably use the proprietary battery most of the time but just want the flexibility in case I get caught with a dead battery. I have a ton of rechargeable AA's though, so I can easily throw a few in my bag also.

I've been really blown away by Cameta's customer service so far. Amazingly fast and thorough response on all my questions.

A d200 is likely my next purchase and if this camera is half as nice as advertised I'll be getting it from them.
  • 02-01-2007, 08:42 AM
    rsimmons
    I got my kit from Cameta. Really good bunch of people. I live right in the town and they're even more helpful in person.
  • 02-01-2007, 09:23 AM
    Old Timer
    I bought a Nikon D2h from Cameta on EBay. It was advertised as a salesman sample also. When it arrived with all orginal packaging and accessories I could not tell it from a brand new off the shelve model.
  • 02-01-2007, 01:32 PM
    ravenmore
    I got it a couple of hours ago. Ditto on what old timer said. It looks brand new. If they hadn't told me that it wasn't I would never have known. Makes it one helluva bargain. Now to go play. :)