• 07-12-2004, 04:24 PM
    r3dline
    Finally placed my order for a digital rebel!
    Oh my God, I'm so excited. I feel like a kid again. I just placed the order for a new 300D with kit lense. I think I got a pretty good deal from buydig.com. Now I'm just hoping everything goes through smoothly. Here's what I got:

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.a...E1CNDIGRBL1855

Shew, I really have no experience in photography, so this will be a huge learning experience for myself, but for some reason, my curiosity seems to grow everyday. That's why today, I just went ahead and put one on the ol' credit card. Hey, you can't live without a few debts, right?

Anyway, I got an accessory kit that included a bag and a 256mb flash card. For now, my question is roughly how many pictures can one take on a 256mb flash card? And any beginner advice?

Well when I placed my order, I asked for overnight delivery, but the site said that because I wanted to have it shipped to an address other than my billing address, it might take a few days to "verify" the new address. I hope it doesn't take too long, because now I'm stoked.

But I'll post some pictures once I get the camera...and hopefully if I can figure out how to use it. It played around with one at circuit city...and it was quite overwhelming, but from what I've read from this board and others...I should be happy with the drebel....right? :)
  • 07-12-2004, 05:11 PM
    Michael Fanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by r3dline
    Anyway, I got an accessory kit that included a bag and a 256mb flash card. For now, my question is roughly how many pictures can one take on a 256mb flash card? And any beginner advice?

It varies with the settings, but you should get about 32 RAW images or about 72 in highest quality JPEG with your 256 Meg card.

My advice? Unlike those on other message boards (to remain unnamed!), work with the camera and ask lots of questions. Don't assume that the Rebel will go out and take perfect photos while you nap! In almost every case, problems will be your fault, not camera defects. But hey, you can shoot as many photos as you want for free. The more you shoot, the faster you'll improve and the better your photos will get.

Most of all, have fun. The Rebel can do almost anything you ask of it.