• 06-20-2014, 03:39 PM
    Mike Brehaut
    Re: FAQ: What is the best digital SLR?
    We are taking perfectly good pictures with cameras that haven't been invented yet :) I use both Canon and Nikon and am happy with the d3100, d800 or 70d ;)
  • 06-30-2014, 06:42 AM
    know4u
    It will depend upon your use and budget
    If you are a beginner you must go for an entry level dslr.. if you are an intermediate you can go for a 7d ,,,. canons new model 6d is preferable for advanced photographers with good budget
  • 07-02-2014, 11:24 PM
    joearndt59
    Nikon D5300
  • 07-27-2014, 03:42 AM
    rajivjaipur
    sony is best ever
  • 07-27-2014, 03:55 AM
    rajivjaipur
    nikon also good but if you need best clearty and best pixels clors then trust only on sony
  • 07-30-2014, 10:56 AM
    margaret
    I think that Nikon is good, but Sony is the best :)
  • 09-09-2014, 02:49 PM
    pipi99
    im interesting with Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR Camera product on amazon, i've read many reviews, but im still not satisfied with it.
    anyone can give me more reviews ? i saw it here amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Camera-Body-Only/dp/B00DMS0GTC
    and also need an advise, interesting to use it for my job.

Thx
  • 10-24-2014, 05:30 AM
    zanejc
    I prefer...... Nikon.. because I using it :)
  • 11-06-2014, 09:14 AM
    lizaray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zanejc View Post
    I prefer...... Nikon.. because I using it :)

I lone Nikon and have d5300 and completely satisfy with
  • 12-20-2014, 06:48 AM
    volks
    As of today, the greatest SLR is the Nikon D750 for FX and the D7100 for DX.
  • 03-19-2015, 10:59 PM
    vguys1
    For me Nikon D5500 appear like a successor.

@vidguys
  • 03-31-2015, 09:56 AM
    rorya
    Hi, first post, hope someone can help.

I've had a Canon 1100d for a while which I use mainly for short films. I'd like to upgrade to one which has HD and the ability to take an external mic.

My options are as follows;

A used Canon 60d
    A new Canon 700d

Baring in mind I'm likely to use this for short films with a small amount of photography, which one is likely to be better and produce nicer shots?

Thanks and hope this isn't too vague a question.

Rory
  • 04-01-2015, 03:53 PM
    gryphonslair99
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rorya View Post
    Hi, first post, hope someone can help.

I've had a Canon 1100d for a while which I use mainly for short films. I'd like to upgrade to one which has HD and the ability to take an external mic.

My options are as follows;

A used Canon 60d
    A new Canon 700d

Baring in mind I'm likely to use this for short films with a small amount of photography, which one is likely to be better and produce nicer shots?

Thanks and hope this isn't too vague a question.

Rory

This
    Panasonic HC-X920 3MOS Ultrafine Full HD Camcorder HC-X920K B&H
  • 05-14-2015, 04:57 PM
    jworm49
    Not sure if this would fit here or not But I am looking to upgrade from my Rebel SL1 to either a T6S or 7D mark I. I do not like the small size of the SL1 as much as I thought I would and now that the mark ii is out the mark I is nearly the same price as the T6S. I understand many of the differences between the two but I'm not sure what way to go. It would seem the 7D would be the obvious choice but the T6S is a lot newer so I am unsure. Any thoughts?
  • 05-17-2015, 09:33 PM
    warmchirping
    Hi, you may want to try Nikon DSLR. Ours is not one of the newest model but this 5100 has not given us any troubles in any photo and even video shoots we had. It is a very reliable one!
  • 05-18-2015, 02:08 AM
    Clare
    If you are going to buy a DSLR, you need to take several factors into consideration like: price, Megapixels, built-in flash and shooting speed. The mostly popular DSLR brands are Canon and Nikon. Nikon D5500 becomes much more affordable and possesses good performance.
  • 08-08-2015, 11:24 AM
    thebest
    Im looking to buy the eos canon t5i in a bundle deal off ebay with 350$ rebate.

is that a too good to be true deal? so many buyers bought it and it was just listed earlier this morning..

Canon EOS T5I DSLR Camera 18 55mm Lens 32GB Printer Bundle $350 MIR | eBay

can anyone give their input?
  • 09-10-2015, 05:28 PM
    volks
    I see no one here ( and there are precious few these days ) answered your question. Did you end up buying it and if not what else did you get ?
  • 09-11-2015, 09:37 AM
    volks
    The title should actually read " What is the best digital SLR for whom"
    The answer is really dependent what your status is as far as photography goes.
    Are you a beginner, a semi pro and anywhere in between. The answers will vary significantly for each.
  • 12-29-2015, 04:25 AM
    trdelectronics
    you can choose canon Cameras as well as Nikon Cameras for digital SLR cameras.
  • 01-15-2016, 10:40 AM
    ChancePhillips
    I recommend the Nikon 7100 or the 5300. They aren't FX, but it is a great camera overall. http://www.bestinfoguide.com/deal-fi...?st=nikon+7100
  • 01-31-2016, 11:44 PM
    yasmin
    Nikon D5300
  • 02-02-2016, 03:42 AM
    Artby Photography
    Hi newbie here, I just wondered if anyone can point me in the direction of help with AF focusing on my Canon 70D. For some commercial work I use a tripod and close down to about f14+ to get max depth of field for sharpness and very often in low light situations, using the self timer/remote but some of my images are totally out of focus and I can't figure out why...any help very appreciated. Many thanks Phil.
  • 02-02-2016, 06:14 AM
    Loupey
    Artby, it sounds like there are several possible sources for your issues. I would recommend starting a new thread in either the Help Forum or Canon Equipment Forum so that more are likely to see and reply to your questions (this is a VERY old thread).

If possible, post some examples.
  • 02-02-2016, 06:29 AM
    Artby Photography
    cheers - will do :-)