Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

DSLR for shooting video?

Oh hello!

I'm looking for a new camera that can shoot great video. I'll be shooting footage quite close (Around 4-9 inches) away from the lenses) and will also need an external mic jack.

Are there any cameras out there that fit the bill for around $1000 or less? I'm very new to this type of thing and have never used a DSLR before.

Thank you.

Re: DSLR for shooting video?

Hi,

I was looking for the same, and opted for the Canon 600D because it can also run 3rd party software called Magic Lantern which pretty much turns the camera in to broadcast quality! It doesn't change the firmware on it, but runs on top of the Canon firmware. It works a treat and is easily un-installed.

Do a google search for Magic Lantern and it will show up.

:-)

Re: DSLR for shooting video?

Quote Originally Posted by frizby66 View Post
    Hi,

I was looking for the same, and opted for the Canon 600D because it can also run 3rd party software called Magic Lantern which pretty much turns the camera in to broadcast quality! It doesn't change the firmware on it, but runs on top of the Canon firmware. It works a treat and is easily un-installed.

Do a google search for Magic Lantern and it will show up.

:-)
    I agree with you

Thread Information