DSLR Info needed

Printable View

• 12-05-2010, 04:19 PM
    Mike_Rimmer
    DSLR Info needed
    Herself has taken a shine to my DSLR and like a fool I said "Give it a go!". She's had a compact for years and takes a canny picture.

Now she's buzzing me with questions, but as I'm in a bit of a photographic pit (lack of interest, time of year, pressures of work, etc.) I need to find her the answers she craves, preferably online.

A quick Google brought up two prospects; this and this, but I wondered if anyone has any such sites/pages tucked away in their favourites. Same sort of thing that explains the basics and the functions, maybe basic tutorials?

I'm hopefully getting her a book for Xmas (if I can find the right one - any suggestions there?) but in the meantime she's twisting my melon, man! :mad2:
  • 12-06-2010, 11:21 AM
    SmartWombat
    Re: DSLR Info needed
    Well then why not get Herself to sign up here and join in ?
  • 12-06-2010, 03:02 PM
    Grandpaw
    I like this site and always recommend it for people starting out. It has a lot of information and allows you to play with the settings on the camera and see the results .on the screen. It is fun to play with and will help her a lot. Reading and joining in here on the forums will be very helpful also. Jeff

http://www.dryreading.com/camera/index.html
  • 12-11-2010, 01:46 PM
    Mike_Rimmer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Well then why not get Herself to sign up here and join in ?

Her chain doesn't reach as far as the PC with the Internet connection. ;)

Seriously though, she's not comfortable with the 'Internet', she'll come round one day, I'm sure. If she gets into the DSLR it might nudge her closer when it comes tosharing her pics, etc. :)