Double Exposures

Printable View

• 10-26-2008, 12:16 PM
    Corwin
    Double Exposures
    I recently had my Canon EOS 40D stolen. I want to replace it with something comprable that has in-camera double exposure capability. Suggestions?
  • 10-26-2008, 01:07 PM
    EOSThree
    Re: Double Exposures
    Sorry to hear about your gear.

I don't think any current DSLR has a double exposure mode. You can perform the same task in post processing much easier.
  • 10-26-2008, 02:59 PM
    Grandpaw
    My Nikon D80 has double exposure mode, Jeff
  • 10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
    Dylan8i
    d200 also has it can expose several shots on the same frame to (like 20+)
  • 10-26-2008, 05:01 PM
    jetrim
    The Fuji dslr's also have multi-exposure.
  • 10-27-2008, 06:33 AM
    readingr
    Why do you want it? This is easier to do in PP than in camera.

What do you consider the advantages of in Camera multiple exposure?

I even found this easier in the darkroom in olden times.

Roger
  • 10-27-2008, 09:45 AM
    Corwin
    Roger,
    With slide film it is much easier, and more magical when you get your slides back. I'm completely new to the digital realm and want to experiment with doing it in camera as opposed to photoshop.
    Corwin
  • 10-27-2008, 10:47 AM
    readingr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Corwin
    Roger,
    With slide film it is much easier, and more magical when you get your slides back. I'm completely new to the digital realm and want to experiment with doing it in camera as opposed to photoshop.
    Corwin

Good point I forgot about slide film.
    I personaly don't think it works the same in Digital its more like negative processing in my mind with an enlarger.

Roger
  • 10-27-2008, 12:10 PM
    drg
    True double exposures are possible in a DSLR!

The additive method via software, either in camera or post processing works, but there are other techniques that I wrote about last year in my photographyreview blog Expensive Debris.

The entry, Take 2-Digital Double Exposure discusses two such methods and has some examples of the results. These methods do sort of let one have that 'surprise' factor restored to the digital world.

Corwin, post some examples if you do play around with any method of doubles. They're a lot of fun when they work out!