Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

D70 and Sunpak PZ 5000AF

Has anyone tried using Sunpak PZ 5000AF with Nikon D70?

If you have can you please share your experience and tips.

Thanks,
    Sameer.

ll I can say is good luck with that venture. Reason being, some brain surgeon at Nikon decided to make the D70 compatible with two flashes: the SB-800 ($350.00) and the SB-600 ($250.00). As far as I know, and I have been trying to find every way possible around havig to spend $200+ on a flash, there is no other options available at the present time. Maybe somewhere down the road an aftemarket flash will arise, but for now all we have are the two from Nikon!

D70 And Sunpak 544 Work Great

I USE A SUNPAK 544 ON MY D70,AS WELL AS MY FILM CAMERAS.IT SEEMS TO WORK PERFECTLY WITH DIGITAL.WHATS NICE IS YOU CAN PRACTICE BEFORE YOU PLAY.I SET IT AT MANUAL SETTINGS FOR FILL,AND AUTO THROUGH A HOT SHOE ADAPTER,AND I GET WONDERFUL EXPOSURES.IT SELLS FOR 160.00 OR SO.ITS A PRO LIGHT,I USE FOR WEDDINGS,TO INDOOR SPORTS.
    FREELANCE1031@AOL.COM

Yep It Works Ok,not As Good As Sunpak 544 Though.no Comparison

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Let me know what happens

I'll be getting a d70 for work very shortly and would like to know the outcome. I am currently shooting the Sunpak 5000 and 4000 with my N90S and am hoping there won't be any problem in the TTL mode.

MJS

I use a ($109) Sunpak Auto 383 with my D70. Works great. I just use the camera in M or A mode and set the flash for my ISO. The flash meters the light, I fire the camera, and I normally end up with a nice exposure unless I've messed something up.

Sorry I don't have any experience with the Sunpak model you mention, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in anyway.

Best regards,

James

Thread Information