D70 Rebate questions

Printable View

• 01-13-2005, 03:03 PM
    Spec A!
    D70 Rebate questions
    So I have my D70 rebate info ready to go, and I'm not sure if I have everything included. Can those that have submitted and recieved their $100 Nikon rebate tell me if this is correct? I bought the kit, and am including:
    Serial # (x2) and UPC # panels from the box
    Nikon form, filled out
    Copy of original reciept
    Yellow warranty copy from 18-70 lens

Now here's where I'm confused- there is only one piece of paper (white) for the D70 body warranty, yet the form instructions say to include the yellow copy for the body. Obviously that refers to a film camera's papers as they are the same as the lens and I know the digital warranties are different. So do I include the white copy, my only copy of warranty, for the body? Or do I make a copy of it and send it in? Do I need to include it at all? What did you guys do?
    Thanks!
    Anthony
  • 01-13-2005, 08:20 PM
    another view
    Re: D70 Rebate questions
    You're really best calling Nikon and asking them. With most rebates, it seems like you either get it right the first time or you don't get the rebate (by the time you figure it out it's too late). They're the ones cutting the check, so I'd call them - 800 NIKON US.
  • 01-14-2005, 03:43 PM
    Hrom
    I asked the same question. So I called Nikon before I sent it out. After about 10 minutes and punching buttons for about 5 menus I got to the rebate info. It said that the DSLR's dont have the warranty card with the yellow copy like the lenses do. (And I assume film cameras). So I sent in the same stuff that you have listed and that the rebate form asks for. Minus the non excistant yellow warranty copy. I'll see if I get it but I think we will be alright. Good luck.
  • 01-29-2005, 09:09 PM
    Spec A!
    Yep- I got it confirmed: all you need to send in is the forms and the serial and upc stickers off the box. No need to send in the white copy of the D70, but you can send in the yellow off the lens if you got the kit. :)
  • 02-08-2005, 01:35 PM
    mrtac2man
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Spec A!
    Yep- I got it confirmed: all you need to send in is the forms and the serial and upc stickers off the box. No need to send in the white copy of the D70, but you can send in the yellow off the lens if you got the kit. :)

I have heard of many people having trouble with the rebates on the D70,,you will have about an 8 week wait. but i had no problems.. mine was here in 8 weeks to the day..
    good luck
  • 02-09-2005, 06:37 AM
    paulnj
    I NEVER sent ANY warranty card out for ANY camera gear I purchased. BUT when I needed warranty work I PHOTOCOPIED the card and receipt then sent them in. I never had any problems.

YOUR situations may differ though.
  • 02-11-2005, 03:07 PM
    quiksan
    does anyone know the terms of the rebate?

I was going to buy the D70 off the internet (cheaper!) but it doesn't sound like you can get the rebate form unless from a local retailer... anyone know?

Can I buy it online and still get the rebate? does anyone have a copy of the rebate I could get?

thanks for any info - I greatly appreciate it.
  • 02-11-2005, 03:31 PM
    Spec A!
    The rebate form requires Dealer info including their "authorized dealer #". I bought mine thru Abe's of Maine online w/no problems. Included w/ the receipt was a copy of the rebate form with all of their appropriate info already filled in,
    HTH