• 12-21-2005, 11:53 AM
    carney2
    D200: When Will We Hear Something?
    I am under the impression that the D200 has passed thru the storefronts and into consumers' hands. I expected to hear something about this wunderkind imediately. So far, only one review at this site and nothing more from "official" sources. (The cover article in Popular Photography was a joke.) Those of us who are reluctant to purchase "sight unseen" are wondering when we might expect to definitive information and opinions. Any thoughts?
  • 12-21-2005, 12:42 PM
    another view
    Re: D200: When Will We Hear Something?
    On another site, I have seen several people post that they already have theirs. Like a lot of new high-demand products, the best chance of getting one is probably not at a place like B&H who will have really long waiting lists.

How soon you can walk into a camera store and see one in stock that's not pre-sold is probably anybody's guess though.
  • 12-21-2005, 01:27 PM
    Franglais
    I missed mine
    Quote:

Originally Posted by another view
    On another site, I have seen several people post that they already have theirs. Like a lot of new high-demand products, the best chance of getting one is probably not at a place like B&H who will have really long waiting lists.

How soon you can walk into a camera store and see one in stock that's not pre-sold is probably anybody's guess though.

There has been a shipment of D200's to my local supplier (FNAC Velizy). It was just bodies without lenses, they actually received more than they were expecting and there was one that was not reserved - that went the day before I passed. Never mind.

I still want the kit with the 18-200. I think that I will use the D200 with my f2.8 constant lenses and the 18-200 will wind up on the D70, but it depends on what the results are like. I can wait. It's winter, it's kinda quiet on the photography scene and I'm exploring Velvia 100F on my F100.

I too look at the "reviews" on another site - they're really funny. Personally I'm waiting for a rigorous test of the 18-200.

Charles