Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

gps unit for D300?

Hello,everyone! I have a D300, and I am looking for a gps unit for it. Just now I find one on the ebay, I do not know whether it is fine or not, so I hesitate to buy. Who has owned one and can recommend one to me? Thank you so much!

Re: gps unit for D300?

I didn't studied the problem deeply but i don't think you need a GPS dedicated for photo cameras.
    Any GPS which can create a log which can be later uploaded on computer is enough.
    So, if you already own a car GPS check it's specs.

After you can use a software which will take the date from EXIF, extract the location from GPS log and update the EXIF back.

A google search will probably give you enough results on this matter

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

If you just get a regular GPS unit that can download info to the computer, you should be able to sync the clock on your GPS & camera and sync the info.
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Hey guys! Could you please advise me on some good GPS trackers? I would be so grateful for any advice!

Hey! There is nothing wrong with taking care of the safety of your children and sometimes it is worth resorting to even extreme methods. For example, you can use a small/portable gps tracker that you can find at https://family1st.io/best-smallest-gps-trackers/
    This is one of the most reliable and effective methods that will allow you to always know where your children are.

Thread Information