Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: canon vs nikon

canon vs nikon

Ok looking at dslr cameras I had planned on buying:
    IHere is the camera I planned on getting..I went to best buy and got my hands on a few and this is the one I really liked and is my planned purchase.
    Canon - EOS Digital Rebel T1i 15.1-Megapixel Digital SLR Camera the camera itself comes with the ◦EF-S 18-55mm lens. I will be purchasing the 55-250mm and I am also going to purchase the canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro plus a flash any other suggestions that I should purchase along with everything else i plan on purchasing.

This will be my first DSLR camera.
    THEN looking at best buys website I found this package deal for a

Nikon D5000 12.3MP Digital SLR Camera with Bag and Extra Lens

18-55mm AF-S DX Nikkor lens; 2.7" Vari-Angle TFT LCD; direct-print capability
    •Lowepro all-weather shoulder bag holds an SLR camera with 2 or 3 extra lenses and accessories; built-in memory card pouch; front and side pockets
    •Extra lens: Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR telephoto lens
    I am still leaning more torwards the canon but what kind of personal input could yall give me on the nikon vs the canon. the lil diffrence in price is no big deal .

Re: canon vs nikon

I was looking at those 2 DSLRs yesterday. As I will b deciding to buy one at the end of febuary. I think the nikon is very good (from the reviews I've read) an I think very slightly cheaper (I'm in the UK, so not sure about US) but I think I'm goin to go for the canon, as the nikon has no autofocus drive built in so ur limited to AF-S lenses, which I think means more expensive lenses, I'm sure I'll get corrected on that tho lol as for the screen, I like the idea of a vari-angle, but I really like the 920k resolution of the canon, a friend of mine also said that he just can't get on with canons, and he has a nikon D300, so I'm going to go in the shop a few times, play with both DSLRs an see which I get on with best. I'd be greatful what you decide and why as it will help me to choose!

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thank you very much for the link. Looks like my mind is definantly set Now I just have to wait for Febuary to get here for us to get my income tax return and I will have my camera

Thread Information