Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

New Member Wants New Camera

Hi All,

My name is Andru Flick. I am new to this forum and also in the world of photography. I like to take images of Landscape and animal & birds. Currently I am using a cyber shot camera with 10X mega pixel. But looking for a new SLR camera please suggest me which is good for me I am also not planning to expand lot of money on this right now. Please suggest me what to do.

I am really sorry for posting this here but i am not permitted to create a new thread so please reply me what ever is best for me in your opinion.

Best Regards,

Re: New Member Wants New Camera

Welcome, Andru! Sorry about the posting problem. We have the rule about posting 5 times to make it a little harder for spammers to post here. Normally people post comments on existing threads to get their post count up. However, I just went ahead and moved your thread to the DSLR forum

First of all, here's a link to my recent Entry-Level DSLRs article. It may have all the answers you need:

Top Five Beginner Digital SLRs | Camera News & Reviews

If you have more questions after you read that, please let us know. And make sure to let us know what you plan to do with your new camera and how much money you have to spend
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Welcome to the forum Andru. John's Entry Level DSLR article is great, and there are many other good starter cameras to choose from. Telling us how much money you want to spend will help a lot.
    Good luck and please follow up with your final selection and why. It helps others like yourself.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

And don't forget about the used market. I myself have never bought a new dSLR! You can get good deals on second-hand cameras if you're good with giving up the absolute latest-and-greatest. 10 or 12 megapixels is plenty good enough for most, so why bother spending the coin for 24? If you don't need 5-digit ISO settings then a 2- or 3-year-old camera will be just fine in that regard.

Be aware that the lenses available for your camera will pretty much tie you into one brand or another, as they don't fit each other's cameras. Also, the lenses are generally much more important in the final image quality than the camera itself. So don't get a 500-dollar camera with a hundred-dollar lens and wonder why the pictures aren't what you expected. Budget for lenses, even if it's over time.

I suggest don't invest much money initially under $1000 you can get Canon EOS 1100D or the Nikon D3100. These are the best for beginners.

Thread Information