Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

canon rebel t1i or the canon rebel xs

new here this will by my second camera my first one was the nikon p90 which the picture is trash so now im looking into getting a new one but not sure which of these i should go with either the rebel t1i or the rebel xs both say they have live view which is something i want ( which makes it able to see the pic throught the screen before i take the pic right?) im a new father so ill just be takeing pics of him and some outdoor stuff ne info would help im going to look at them in person sometime tommorrow but just wanted to know what people thought them and which one i should get thanks

Re: canon rebel t1i or the canon rebel xs

The rebel XS does not in fact have live view. And Id advise the T1i anyway.

Also, considering your objective, I would *highly* advise investing in the 50mm f/1.8 alongside that. It is an indispensable portrait lens and at a bargain price. Quite literally the best optics for the price (~$100). If it pushes the budget, I'd even rather have the XS with this lens, then the T1i without it, without hesitation..

are u sure the xs1855 dont have live view? the web site i am looking at says it does i dont really know much about this stuff so i just wanted to know here is the site www.bhphotovideo.com

My mistake, it does have the live view, I was thinking of a different model.

The T1i has video mode, faster AF, and more comprehensive metering ability and function. The T1i also has a brighter viewfinder. Of course, 5 extra megapixels, and 10 to 15 is a pretty decent sized jump. The XS caps off at iso 1600, T1i has 3200, and boosted 6400 and 12800 (2 stops), though very grainy. All things considered, I would certainly go for the T1i over the XS. Isn't the price difference only like $200?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...0mm_f_1_8.html

That is the lens I was mentioning, it is also the most pleasant lens to carry around, because its the *very* smallest and lightest.

ya something like that thanks for your help

No problem, sorry for the misstated facts earlier.

And welcome to the forums, this is an awesome place and has been an indispensable resource for learning photographers. Let us know what you go with an post up some of your first shots, there are plenty of other T1i and XS owners on this board who would be able to help you with your new camera.

i sure will im going to pick it up today just not sure which one but ill find out when im in the car and heading back home with my new camera

So...

Quote Originally Posted by seabrooktx
    i sure will im going to pick it up today just not sure which one but ill find out when im in the car and heading back home with my new camera
    So what did you get?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: So...

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    So what did you get?
    i went and got a canon t1i kit

Thread Information