Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: Blue Spots

Blue Spots

Hi,I hope I am posting in the right spot. First postThanks for any help. I have a nikon D80 shoot in Jpeg fine, And large, I am getting blue spots in the corner of the eyes nose and ears, just sometimes. If I am viewing in a slideshow and chick on the next arrow sometimes the photo will not advance and the blue spot will disapper, but come back the next time you view . what is causing this and how can I fix this?? I am not sure how to post photos.Thank You

Post Sample, Please

Can you post a sample photo that shows the problem? I need to see the blue spots to understand, I think. I expect we can help, once we've seen the problem, though. Is this something that just started happening? Can you see the blue spots on the computer or only on the camera's LCD display?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Blue Spots

Thanks for the reply I have tried to post a photo but the best I can do is I have in my gallery please if you can move that would be fine with me.

I just saw you posted some samples on the gallery. I agree that is a big problem. If you can post the images with the blue spots, then it's in your files. Have you tried cleaning your sensor? Do the spots move around at all or are they always in the same place? Are they in every photo or do they come and go? I did notice that there appears to be another spot to the right of the babies face, aggainst the out-of-focus background. I have to admit, I've never seen anything like this. But I am pretty sure we can at least help you narrow it down and eliminate some of the possible causes.

If anyone else wants to see, there's a sample in the gallery, here >>
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thank you Photo-john,I posted about 8 more photos I'm not sure were they went in the Gallery ? If you would like I can email them to you.I called Nikon today and they were not sure what it is they are thinking that it may have something to do with my SB600 Flash. I noticed that this seems to happen when you have taken two of the same shots the first one will say 55, and the second will say 55 edited -1, but not always I have not done anything to them. I think that i took some of them and they printed the same way. That will be the next thing I will do is print them. Maybe I will send them to Costco for fun. The poor person working in the lab may not think its so funny.

Are these showing the blue spots while viewed in the camera? Could this be from some red eye repair program gone wild?
    How about posting the exif data from a couple of the shots so we can see all the setting?
    What are you viewing these with?
    ----------------------------

I am going to try to post a link for pbase of some other photos

http://upload.pbase.com/drosskennedy/inbox

Quote Originally Posted by drosskennedy
    I am going to try to post a link for pbase of some other photos

http://upload.pbase.com/drosskennedy/inbox
    Those all say edited. Do the originals have the spots? What are you editing them with?
    ----------------------------

I have not edited them, that is the way the photo comes up. the good photo will say like #60 and then you get a photo that will say #60-editide -1 this is on all the photos with the blue on them.The photo will come up and within a second the blue will pot up in the photo. Then when you go back and look at the file of photos you see the second photo that will say edited. I have photoshop Elements downloaded and I when back and looked at the first photo that had blue in and it was on 1-13-07, I did not get ps till 1-26-07.

Re: Blue Spots update

Thanks to everyone for the help.It looks like it was the auto red eye tool I turned it off in the prefence, after about 200 photos no blue spots.

Thread Information