Which Camera Do YOU Use?

Printable View

• 07-31-2004, 12:42 PM
    r3dline
    Which Camera Do YOU Use?
    I have observed that many of us on these forums are using either the Canon 300D or the Nikon D70. So...I'm curious as to just how many are using each. So, do you use a Digital Rebel or a D70? And if you don't have either, then what are you using?
  • 08-01-2004, 07:29 AM
    r3dline
    Since there's no votes, does this mean no one is using any of today's popular DSLRs?
  • 08-03-2004, 12:37 PM
    Franglais
    The awful truth
    Quote:

Originally Posted by r3dline
    Since there's no votes, does this mean no one is using any of today's popular DSLRs?

Looking at the statistics on this web site, it looks like :

- 24 people bought a D70
    - 38 people bought a 300D
    - more than 8000 people are keeping an eye on the latest news about the D70, S3, etc. but probably not buying yet

Charles
  • 08-03-2004, 01:11 PM
    Photo-John
    Nawwww
    Quote:

Originally Posted by r3dline

It just means that people don't really participate in the polls on these forums. If you check the reviews you'll get a more realistic view of what people are using. I selected the 10D, although I also own a 1D, which you didn't list. I think I use them both, equally. They both have their strong points and I often use them both at the same time, with different lenses.

One more bit of info for you - the D70 has been number one on the top ten list that's on our Home page, for months. That list is created by the number of views that a review page gets. That means, on this site, people are more interested in the D70 than any other camera. I'm not sure how the ownership breaks down, though. Since the Digital Rebel has been around longer and is less expensive, I expect it's still in the lead as far as ownership.
  • 08-03-2004, 02:40 PM
    another view
    Anyone want to guess who the S2 guy is :rolleyes: ? Actually I used my (older) Nikon Coolpix 5000 on a trip last week, along with film. Worked pretty well - traveling light, limited space, no place to download so this was a good combo for me.
  • 08-03-2004, 02:50 PM
    r3dline
    Well it was certainly just curiosity on my part. But what IS surprising to see 5 10D owners. That is a sweet camera, I swear...

Anyway, I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong with my 300D or if it's just...not putting out the quality pictures it should. I guess I just always worry because I got it so much cheaper than say b&h prices...even though it did come with all papers and such...

Oh well. LoL

Sorry, I'm rambling. This is a useless thread, and I'm really sorry.
  • 08-03-2004, 09:18 PM
    EOSThree
    You should get the same quality...
    photo as a 10D with the Drebel, it uses the same sensor. I noticed when I first got my 10D I was a little dissappointed with the photos, they seemed to lack the POP of my G2 or EOS 3 (velvia). I have come to embrace the look of the 10D photograph and have decided that the POP was created in camera on my G2. I have started seeing Velvia photos as garish in some instances, especially when put up side by side with the same photo taken with a 10D. I like the subtler look of the 10D pictures and when I see G2, Sony DSC-V1, or Velvia pictures, they look oversaturated to me.
    Maybe that is what you are seeing with your Drebel. Some post processing can punch up the Drebel's shots, and that is one of the really nice things about Canon's DSLRs and RAW.
  • 08-05-2004, 10:17 AM
    13Years
    I use Canon PowerShot 550.

Then again, I'm not very professional... :D