Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Digital rebel xt

I am new into photography and would like to get an slr cammera. I will be doing aircraft shots and other things that require some speed but not much. I was reaserching cammeras and played with this one a best buy and really liked it. but I was wondering what everyones personal opinion is. Other cammera suggestions are grat but just keep it in this price range that is about all I really want to spend on one right now.
    thanks

Re: Digital rebel xt

Soundcannon,

The rebel xt has alot of rave reviews and a wonderful reputation. I've used it a few times for my school's newspaper and it has never disappointed me for my shoots. Check out dpreview.com for a detailed review, and the reviews on this sight for user's comments.

Jared

Ok I will do that.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Welcome to the site.

There is also a Pro Review of this camera on this site.

You can read it here.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

I use the Rebel XT to shoot motorsports and it keeps up well. I think if i was shooting Football or some other sports where you have to take a series you would see this camera struggel a LITTLE. Best Buy also has the 20d for about 400 more. This would be my choice now that i know more. Buy the Service plan for sure. Make sure the camera is a DEVO unit. not a repairable piece. This will save you down time and make for an easy upgrade. My next is going to be a 5D but that is more than i need now.

Buy it you will be very happy, check out my gallery... all photos taken with the Rebel.
    Napoleon complex!! Who Me?

Driven Photography

Thread Information