• 07-04-2006, 04:14 PM
    blonde
    Which Is Better 2 Buy Someone Please Help
    I how are you all i am new to this site and was looking for so help we are looking a buying a slr camera we are looking at 3 one is nikon D70, Nikon D50 and a canon EOS 350D now i know one of them takes a Sd card which we have 4 of them from our still dig cameras and video camera and the others take a compact flash, Now what are the best price ppl have seen them for and which one are we better of to buy. I am also looking to get in to taking photos of wedding,babys and so on. So help would be great thanks blonde
  • 07-04-2006, 09:56 PM
    deckcadet
    Re: Which Is Better 2 Buy Someone Please Help
    D50 is not only inexpensive, but has superb image quality and In my opinion, having handled it and virtually EVERY camera on the market today, it has better build quality than the 350D. The D70 is also nice but is more expensive and doesn't have a s good out of camera output as the D50. It is a great camera that gives you plenty of room to grow. Takes your SD memory.

My advice is to go hold the D50 and 350D and walk out with whichever is more pleasing to you. I find the 350D feels toylike, with difficult to use controls and a smaller than comfortable grip.
  • 07-10-2006, 05:48 PM
    Lionheart
    I second Deckcadet's assessment. I shoot with Canon (1D Mk,II ) and I've tried out the Nikon D50 and D70 as well as the Canon 350D. Image quality is probably a draw, with the edge going to Canon for low noise at high ISO, but the 350D really does feel like a plastic toy compared to the Nikon D50 and especially the D70. No contest compared against the D200. Of course, I'm a little biased since I shoot with a magnesium alloy battle tank, so just about anything else feels like a toy :-) I am however, very impressed with the feel and handling of the Nikon lineup. They all feel solid, well built, like cameras used to be.
  • 08-06-2006, 04:15 PM
    danag42
    I suggest you go to a store and handle the various cameras that are available, to see which one feels right to you.
  • 08-07-2006, 01:49 AM
    Franglais
    D50 landslide
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blonde
    I how are you all i am new to this site and was looking for so help we are looking a buying a slr camera we are looking at 3 one is nikon D70, Nikon D50 and a canon EOS 350D now i know one of them takes a Sd card which we have 4 of them from our still dig cameras and video camera and the others take a compact flash, Now what are the best price ppl have seen them for and which one are we better of to buy. I am also looking to get in to taking photos of wedding,babys and so on. So help would be great thanks blonde

A number of my (woman) friends who are into photography but not too seriously have bought the D50 and they've been very pleased with the results. The JPG's straight out of the camera look really good. Plus as others have said it feels really good especially compatred with the 350D.

Charles