• 05-09-2006, 09:23 PM
    hyprhiker
    Best Priced Cameras.com - need help!
    I need help and I need it rather quickly. Last week it seems I made the same mistakes as everyone else and bought a camera from Best Price Cameras. I purchased the camera and several lenses believing I bought a 20D Canon and two Canon lenses. I asked the salesman specifically what lenses I was getting (meaning brand name) and he told me the lenses were Canon autofocus. Wrong, they were Sigmas. At least I recieved mine! It looks like others didn't. Here is my dilema. I called the company, they were rude, called me a liar, and tried intimidating me off the phone. When that didn't work, they hung up on me. I was however able to get a return number to send everything back. Those of you who have had dealings with this company, when you sent back the items purchased, did you get a refund on your card and did they charge you the hidden restock fee? Please let me know, I have just a few days to send it back. I am trying to decide if I should keep it and learn from my mistake or send it back and risk fighting to get my money back. Basically I would rather keep the darn camera and lenses than be out my money and in a prolonged fight. Any suggestions or comments would be helpful.

Thanks. (I hope I posted this right, this is my first time on line here.)
  • 05-10-2006, 05:39 AM
    cyberlord
    Re: Best Priced Cameras.com - need help!
    Talk to your CC company. That's the beauty of CCs.

Also report it to the BBB. False advertising.

Tim
  • 05-10-2006, 01:16 PM
    another view
    Re: Best Priced Cameras.com - need help!
    Your credit card company has a lot more clout dealing with situations than you (as one person that can easily be hung up on) do. If a credit card issuer gets too many complaints from a retailer, that's the end of their credit card merchant account, and probably the end of their business.