Best Polarizer lens?

Printable View

• 01-31-2011, 05:27 PM
    EMW
    Best Polarizer lens?
    I'm looking for a good polarizer for my 300mm with a price under $50.
    The one that I currently have makes the photos look as if they were taken near San Fernando valley.
  • 01-31-2011, 07:23 PM
    gryphonslair99
    Re: Best Polarizer lens?
    This isn't $50 but you would never have the problem with the filter causing imaged to look as if they were taken near the San Fernando Valley.
    http://www.adorama.com/BW58CPLKS.html
    It's what I choose in 77mm.

Hard to beat B&W filters. Here is a link to several of them all with 58mm threads.
    http://www.adorama.com/Catalog.tpl?p..._refine_search
  • 02-01-2011, 03:58 PM
    Chris350
    You're going to be hard pressed to find a good polarizer for under 100usd.
    Rhetorical question: Since you spent good money on a quality lens, why put cheap filters in front of it? I use 77mm and 67mm (Nikon sized) B&W cp's multi coated.
  • 02-02-2011, 03:40 PM
    EMW
    Thanks anyway gryphonslair. I guess I'll just make the best out of what I currently have.
  • 02-02-2011, 07:16 PM
    EMW
    "Rhetorical question: Since you spent good money on a quality lens, why put cheap filters in front of it?"
    You're really assuming a lot.
  • 02-02-2011, 09:12 PM
    gryphonslair99
    I own a bunch of lenses and only 2 polarizers. One drop in for my 300m and 400mm f2.8's and the one I posted for all my other lenses. The largest filter size i need is 77mm so that one filter fits all the other lenses with step rings. Top quality filter for all my lenses at a pretty cheap price when the cost is spread over the number of lenses it fits.
  • 02-03-2011, 11:52 PM
    n8
    I have a Sunpak polarizer...yep, the kind you get from Best Buy...and I have to say that you definitely get what you pay for...as in buck up for quality.
  • 03-05-2011, 03:53 AM
    candy bersh
    Which camera are you using? For an SLR camera, you need to buy what is called a Circular Polarizer (as opposed to the Linear, but they both look the same to the naked eye.) You cannot go wrong with these brands: B+W or a more affordable brand, Hoya Multi-coated. Cheers!