Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Best Priced Cameras.com - need help!

I need help and I need it rather quickly. Last week it seems I made the same mistakes as everyone else and bought a camera from Best Price Cameras. I purchased the camera and several lenses believing I bought a 20D Canon and two Canon lenses. I asked the salesman specifically what lenses I was getting (meaning brand name) and he told me the lenses were Canon autofocus. Wrong, they were Sigmas. At least I recieved mine! It looks like others didn't. Here is my dilema. I called the company, they were rude, called me a liar, and tried intimidating me off the phone. When that didn't work, they hung up on me. I was however able to get a return number to send everything back. Those of you who have had dealings with this company, when you sent back the items purchased, did you get a refund on your card and did they charge you the hidden restock fee? Please let me know, I have just a few days to send it back. I am trying to decide if I should keep it and learn from my mistake or send it back and risk fighting to get my money back. Basically I would rather keep the darn camera and lenses than be out my money and in a prolonged fight. Any suggestions or comments would be helpful.

Thanks. (I hope I posted this right, this is my first time on line here.)

Re: Best Priced Cameras.com - need help!

Talk to your CC company. That's the beauty of CCs.

Also report it to the BBB. False advertising.

Tim
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Re: Best Priced Cameras.com - need help!

Your credit card company has a lot more clout dealing with situations than you (as one person that can easily be hung up on) do. If a credit card issuer gets too many complaints from a retailer, that's the end of their credit card merchant account, and probably the end of their business.

Thread Information