• 01-21-2009, 09:58 AM
    Photo-John
    Article: Essential Camera Gear For Beginners
    I posted a new article last night. It lists what I think are the basics for serious beginning photographers. If you're considering your first digital SLR or trying to decide what accessories to buy next, you should read this article. And if you have your own ideas about what's essential for beginning photographers, please add your thoughts to the comments at the end of the article.

Essential Camera Gear For Beginners

Oh yeah - llet me know if there's other stuff you'd like me to write about. This article idea actually came from someone who follows me on Twitter.com :)
  • 01-21-2009, 12:32 PM
    brmill26
    Re: Article: Essential Camera Gear For Beginners
    Great article, John. I think that will be very helpful. I only have one thing to add - I've only ever heard of "lens shades" being called "lens hoods." It may be helpful to note that in the article for Googling purposes.
  • 01-23-2009, 09:08 AM
    Stephensong
    Thanks for the article. One question, "lens shade" is that the same as a "lens hood"? Sorry did not read the post above.
  • 01-23-2009, 09:29 AM
    Ron Kruger
    Good, common sense approach, John, keeping the attitudes, spending habits and abilities of the beginner in mind. So much of what is written about photography and equipment tries much harder to impress peers than inform readers.
  • 01-24-2009, 09:16 AM
    Singletracklovr
    Love the article.
    I would have added a LensPen to the basic newbie kit since spitting on your lens and wiping it with your tee-shirt doesn't work very well. heehee