Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
    Liz

Comment on Rebel XT review on PR

I just read the official PR review on the Digital Rebel XT which I have. I just wanted to encourage anyone who either has this camera or is interested in it to read the review.

This is an excellent review and covers everything that you could possibly think about or question about the XT.

I would like to make one comment about the "buttons" which are discussed at length in most reviews. It is true, it can feel complicated to have to push more than one button in order to change setting. However, having done this numerous times, it's like 2nd nature to me. It's not a problem, and it doesn't take a lot of time. In the beginning it seemed cumbersome because it was all new. Now, it's never a problem.

Link to review.

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT Pro Review

It's a great camera.

Liz

Re: Comment on Rebel XT review on PR

Having just received mine, and being used to my Fuji camera, the buttons were absolutely no problem. In fact, I thought the menu was more logical than most. Sure, it could be better but personally I wouldn't list it as a "con".

And, as the original ipod itself showed, mechanical wheels can be prone to mechanical problems, so depending on care the buttons may have more longevity... sensible for an "entry level" digital SLR.

All depends on how you look at it.

The real shocker was the grip, I'm a tall guy with big hands and long fingers. I expected the grip would be an issue. However, holding the grip with my fingers folded against it I actually get a more comfortable and stable hold than the much larger Fuji grip. While I still want to get the battery case, this was a pleasing surprise, and definitely proves YMMV.

Thread Information