Angled LCD screen

Printable View

• 02-24-2005, 09:02 AM
    bluetribal
    Angled LCD screen
    Is there an SLR with a moveable LCD screen? I have never seen one but I have to have my moveable screen for my shoots. Currently I have an Olympus C-5050 and I do not want to go back to laying on my stomach if I move up to an SLR.
  • 02-24-2005, 02:12 PM
    DownByFive
    Re: Angled LCD screen
    Currently, there are no moveable LCDs/live preview on any DSLR. There is much debate over the practicality of it, since DSLRs have a mirror blocking the imaging sensor, which does not allow for a live preview. However, the Canon 20Da has a sort of live preview function, but it's pretty limited from what I've read, and not meant for normal shooting conditions (it's geared towards astrophotography). A lot of people argue that a second sensor could be used for the live view, but who knows if the manufacturers are willing to attempt that. I think a lot of people would really like to see live preview on DSLRs, but I don't know if the lack of live preview keeps enough people away from them to make the manufacturers care a whole lot...But I'm sure someone will market one in the near future.
  • 02-24-2005, 02:20 PM
    Aero
    Well there is always this

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=357239&is=USA
    [IMG]
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/items/357239.jpg[/IMG]
  • 03-03-2005, 09:30 AM
    bluetribal
    I would luv' to step up the the SLR's but maybe the 8 meg sony will have to do? That angled view port won't quite get the job done.
  • 03-19-2005, 09:08 AM
    Flight
    My Olympus e-10 has a moveable LCD. It doesn't move all around like a vid camera, but it pops out and angles upward for just that type of shot. I can put the camera on the ground and shoot from there without having to lay down.
  • 03-19-2005, 11:58 AM
    bluetribal
    Flight,
    Can you show me a site for the E-10? All I saw on the Olympus site was the E-1 and E 300 and they don't appear to have an angled screen.