Advice for a dig SLR 300d
    What are your thoughts ona 300d canon please post some sample pics
  • 10-06-2004, 11:42 AM
    Chunk
    Re: Advice for a dig SLR 300d
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 777heavy
    What are your thoughts ona 300d canon please post some sample pics

If you look in the review section you'll see there are 42 reviews and about 35 sample photos for this camera. The overall rating seems pretty good.
  • 10-06-2004, 02:08 PM
    JeffHall
    Pretty good camera, all in all, for its price range. Used one for a year. MUCH better than the equivalent-priced point and shoot, if that's one of the things you are wondering. Frustrating things = no FEC or MLU, which are fixed with a hacked firmware if you're brave enough. Nikon D70 and Canon 20D are superior...I upgraded to a 20D and am much happier, but of course that came with a price tag.
  • 10-07-2004, 09:06 AM
    Michael Fanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffHall
    PFrustrating things = no FEC or MLU, which are fixed with a hacked firmware if you're brave enough.

The good news is that MLU is only used in very special, and rare for most users, circumstances. Also, someone needing FEC will be using a real flash unit rather than the wimpy on-camera thing. And, of course, there are the hacks!

The 300D exceeds most photographers needs. It may not satisfy their all of their wants.
  • 10-08-2004, 06:40 AM
    JeffHall
    Agreed, the 300D should be a great camera for most situations...I have 5 prints on my cube wall and 1 portrait of my wife here that came from the camera and look fantastic.