Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

are zing covers camera safe?

Hi,
    I did a search to see if this has been mentioned but the search came up with nothing so I appologize if this has been taked about before.
    I have a button close neoprene zing case (the ones that are one piece and the case closes by a hole wrapping around the lens). I'm wondering if this is safe for the camera. It seems like this would put some stress on the lens mount. I think that i'm probably better off traveling with my rebel xt in here than just out in the open, but i want to make sure it won't damage my camera.
    Thanks
    Vicki

My name is Alex, not Eric ;)

Re: are zing covers camera safe?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you are asking. Are you keeping this case on the camera while you use it or are you using it for storage? If its just for storage while you travel I would go with something more heavy duty.

Thread Information