Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Casio Exilim Pro EX-F1 Should I get it?

Okay i'm getting the Casio Exilim Pro EX-F1 when it comes out at the end of this month, UNLESS someone here its 1000$ if anyone has a kick ass camera I can get for a thousand speak up now :mad2: :idea:

Re: Casio Exilim Pro EX-F1 Should I get it?

I could sell you my Canon EOS-1D. It's not getting used anymore.

But I am curious. I saw the Casio EX-F1 at PMA and was impressed. See my article about it Casio EXILIM Pro EX-F1, here. What I want to know is why you think it's the right camera for you? What do you plan to do with it? And why the EX-F1 instead of an intry-level digital SLR? You do know that even the lowest entry-level DSLR will have better image quality, right? But the EX-F1 may be the right camera for you. I'm just not sure who should choose the EX-F1 over a digital SLR. Can you tell me?

And just to make it clear - I'm not being critical of your decision. I just don't quite understand who should buy the new Casio. Maybe you can help
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I could sell you my Canon EOS-1D. It's not getting used anymore.

But I am curious. I saw the Casio EX-F1 at PMA and was impressed. See my article about it Casio EXILIM Pro EX-F1, here. What I want to know is why you think it's the right camera for you? What do you plan to do with it? And why the EX-F1 instead of an intry-level digital SLR? You do know that even the lowest entry-level DSLR will have better image quality, right? But the EX-F1 may be the right camera for you. I'm just not sure who should choose the EX-F1 over a digital SLR. Can you tell me?

And just to make it clear - I'm not being critical of your decision. I just don't quite understand who should buy the new Casio. Maybe you can help
    The main reason I say this is because of it's video recording features and fast shutter speed (the hi-speed mode is a big plus for some thing's i'd like to do, even though the resolution is a little low.)

Subject?

Quote Originally Posted by darkownagepeace
    The main reason I say this is because of it's video recording features and fast shutter speed (the hi-speed mode is a big plus for some thing's i'd like to do, even though the resolution is a little low.)
    Do you mean shutter speed or frame rate? Because most people won't be able to take advantage of shutter speeds faster than about 1/2000 second. I shoot action sports and I almost never go over 1/1000th of second. What is it that you want to shoot?
    Photo-John

Explosions
    also both
    if they didn't have the hi-speed mode I wouldn't get it.

Explosions
    also both
    if they didn't have the hi-speed mode I wouldn't get it.
    Cool! I hope you'll share photos with us. Do you want to shoot sequences?

Thanks for being patient with my questions. I am very curious about the EX-F1 and plan to do a review when I can get my hands on one. But I have been having a hard time figuring out who the camera is really for - especially with a $1000 price tag. But I can see how it would be useful for you.
    Photo-John

I have a question not that I think anyone would know but does anyone know if the ex-f1 can record in 1080P and also you can change the shutter speed or is that only on slrs?

Okay i'm getting the Casio Exilim Pro EX-F1 when it comes out at the end of this month, UNLESS someone here its 1000$ if anyone has a kick ass camera I can get for a thousand speak up now :mad2: :idea:
    hi!
    Hi everyone, I'm in france for a couple of years and I want to buy an EXILIM Pro EX-F1 camera. What can I do? is there any reliable websites where i can buy it and will they make the delivery to france?

Thread Information