Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Help on choosing a camera

So I'm beginner looking to become a more serious hobby photographer. I'm hoping to get some input on which camera I should get. My price range is around $300 so I am not looking at any dSLR cameras. I found a few on Amazon that are within my price range and wanted to get some feed back.

Here they are:
    Canon Powershot SX10IS
    Sony Cyber-shot DSCH50
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28S
    Nikon Coolpix P80

So if you guys could give me some suggestions on which one is better, or if you know of another in my price range that you think is better that the ones I listed, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Help on choosing a camera

First off, Welcome to the forum.

I will ask a few questions that will help us help you out with your decision.

What kind of topics are you looking to take pictures of? ex. sports, portraits, landscape, wildlife...

Have you held any of the cameras in question? Another main thing about getting the camera is how it feels in your hands.

James

Thread Information